Friday, September 25, 2009

Halloween Treat Bag

I don't know what it is about the holidays, but as they near I find myself inspired to make all sorts of treat and homemade gifts. With Halloween approaching I searched a couple of different websites for a treat bag to make and finally ended up on Scor-Pal's website. It took only a few minutes to make these, even with time included for stamping. I used Trick or Treaters T-2795 to decorate the cardstock which was Bazzill I had on hand. I plan to make a few more for some friends, who doesn't love candy? I bought a few bags of Hershey's minis chocolates and bubble gum and smarties for the non-chocolate lovers, the very few of you out there. LOL I've eaten quite a few of the Krackle already which means I'll have to buy more. Yum!






These are the first two I made so after I made the one completely I started the second one to know how to place my stamps on the rest so they all were facing the right way. I made sure Trick or Treat and Happy Halloween were on the sides on the bag.


If you'd like to try these yourself, here are the instructions. The only change I made was in making the 45 degree angles because I don't have a Scor-Mat so I marked my cardstock at 3 1/2" and then made my own score line to the crease using the Scor-pal. I bought treat bags in the party supplies area of Walmart and then cut them at 6". It fits the candy perfect with just an inch at the top above the twist-tie. The ribbon is from Walmart too.


Have a splendid weekend!
Lisa

Next up: Altered Letters.

5 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails