Friday, October 2, 2009

Altered Letters

I've been wanting to make altered letters ever since I found out my step mom painted my step brother's and step sister's rooms. I want to say last summer Lizzy helped me paint the letters. Josh's room is painted green and blue and has a camping theme and Katie's room is painted lavendar and green and has a flower and butterfly theme. I worked on Josh's first because I had all these ideas in my head that were waiting to jump on the letters. Here's how they turned out:
The J is covered with bug paper because when I think camping I think of bugs galore. LOL The O has fire, chocolate and smores because camping's not camping without 'em!

The S has a sleeping bag, tent and a pair of hiking boots, all necessities while camping. I actually learned how to tie some knots via youtube so I used some twine at the top and bottom. The H is covered with water paper and has two fishing lures glued to it. I originally wanted to hang fishing line from the H, but these were too cool to pass up since they glow in the dark. I figured Josh would like that. Now to work on Katie's. I should have those to share soon.

Have a great weekend! I'll be out of town next week so I probably won't post again till I get home.

Up next: Swap cards

3 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails