Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The First Monthly Portland Rubber Stamp/Scrapbooking Meetup

Saturday, January 10 we had our first Portland Rubber Stamp and Scrapbooking Meetup. We had three adults and three children attend. The kids were just as eager as the adults to make the make and take which was a treat holder for Valentine's Day inspired by the Sweet Tart candy holder, on the Chic n' Scratch blog.

We used scarlet V-237, kraft V-244, and white ultrasmooth V-222 cardstock, L'Amore Red TT-195 and Burnt Umber TT-218 Palette Hybrid inkpads with Seasonal Icons T-3015 stamp set from the Fall Supplement. I used the Happy Valentine's Day stamp with To: and From: lines from the retired set Valentine Trio T-876 and ribbon I had on hand.

I designed the black V-215 and white treat holder the day of the meetup because I love the Sweet Skunks T-2674 stamp set. I used Cloud White S-992 VersaMagic ink and You're so Sweet from the Chocoholic T-2104 retired stamp set. I really wanted it to say "You're so stinkin' sweet" but I couldn't find a way to write in "stinkin" because the letters are so close together. I also used the Mega D-700 and Giga D-701 scalloped circle punches.

Our next meetup is scheduled for Saturday, February 14 at noon. See you there!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails